• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not ANOTHER Sign Company??

hightop

Nope! I told Fred, after hanging out here for awhile, I decided to go do what I know and LOVE...CANDY! As of Friday, I have my new business license and today, I kicked off to my friends on Facebook.

I am BIG BEAR CANDY CO! Homemade/handmade brittle. More good stuff to come soon! Hubby says I have to crawl before I can walk, so my "shop" is bigbearcandyco.etsy.com. I believe I can get word-of-mouth from my friends, family and former co-workers. There are also some boutique-y shops around that have said they would let me put my products in their store. One especially liked the Chipotle-Beer Peanut Brittle (not yet on Etsy, but coming soon.)

There is a lot of good business advice on S101 that is useful for any business, so I will probably keep on lurking. Just wanted to share my good news and excitement with you!

Thanks!
Paula

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do what you wanna do and make it a living and not a job............... it's so much more fun that way.

Big Congrats on your new venture !!

R08

I'd be willing to be a tester for ya!!
No charge at all. ;)

Good luck on the new venture.

hightop

You got that right, Gino. And, thanks!
Rollie - I've got folks lined up for that job! I'll add you to the list. I might need to find out how well it ships to Canada. You might get caramel, instead of brittle!!

SignosaurusRex

Congrats Paula! :thumb: Follow your heart and have fun at it. You can be sure that if'n I get to Greensboro I'll be coming in to taste-test everything. Candy stores are on of my weaknesses, but not for the average boxed crap. That Chipotle-Beer Peanut Brittle sounds like the bomb! One of my favorites is a Pretzel Peanut Brittle.

hightop

Congrats Paula! :thumb: Follow your heart and have fun at it. You can be sure that if'n I get to Greensboro I'll be coming in to taste-test everything. Candy stores are on of my weaknesses, but not for the average boxed crap. That Chipotle-Beer Peanut Brittle sounds like the bomb! One of my favorites is a Pretzel Peanut Brittle.

Thanks! C'mon down! The Chipotle-Beer brittle was good, but the next batch will get more KICK. Pretzel Peanut Brittle...hmm...that sounds GOOD! I see experimentation in the future.

SignosaurusRex

Thanks! C'mon down! The Chipotle-Beer brittle was good, but the next batch will get more KICK. Pretzel Peanut Brittle...hmm...that sounds GOOD! I see experimentation in the future.
Whatever you do.......DO NOT use un-salted Pretzels. The chocolate covered version is also spectacular and an addition of hot pepper makes it even better. The smokiness of Chipotle seems to take it in the wrong direction when used with the chocolate version.