• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now adays what is the equal to the HP FB700 UV Printer

deadline

Since HP doesn't make UV printers anymore, what would be the equivalent UV printer now adays? Just lost my HP FB700 in a fire and my insurance says they will cover the replacement cost or an equivalent machine. I don't know what an equivalent machine would be in this case.

Correct answers only :)

JBurton

Signtologist
Ugh, I hope you have your original purchase invoice and service records, so you can prove the machine is worth as much as when you bought it. We got a printer in 2011, hp l25500, and a fire in 2018 which wrecked the printer with smoke damage. Filed with insurance and the coverage was for the closest equivalent, at the time it was a hp 365, which was more than the new price when we got the l25500. We added a little on top and came out with a 560. It helped that I had a statement from a local guy declining to disassemble and clean the machine, and a quote from a tech with a print company for 5 days on site teardown and cleaning. Both wrote clearly that the printer would never be 100% again. All in, it was a pleasant experience.
Oh, and same thing on the plotter, purely from smoke damage, they covered the cost of the graphtec fc series at new purchased price.
I guess I paid in the end when they totaled my truck and paid 3/4 of the cost to replace.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
If you are looking to replace the hybrid style printer and if you haven't checked out Fluid Color, you should. They take HandTop frames out of China and customize them for your needs out of Cincinnati. You can choose from 3 widths of hybrid (63", 98", or 126")....then choose what print heads you want (Ricoh Gen 6 or Kyrocera) and how many rows of print heads you want to meet your production needs. Best of all, if you bring in a machine with one row of print heads and down the road you want to add another row to increase production, all you have to do is buy the heads and pay for the labor to add them then your machine is now nearly twice as fast. We sell these units with no regrets. They are built well, easy to do a lot of self-repair, require no service contracts, and they can be built to fit nearly any budget. Ink costs are around $.10/ft2. You'd be running faster with MUCH better white ink (no transition time) for less money. The discussions on these machines start around $90K and max out at $235K for a machine which can produce 60 boards an hour - sellable. www.FluidColor.com I'd (obviously) would jump on any opportunity to discuss or send quotes.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You do realize you are supposed to have a Merchant Membership to be hawking your wares ??