• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"nuther HDU Hand carved sign done

signmeup

Another in a series of Insurance signs for the same company. (One more to go.)
This was great job to land....... I saw that their sign was in hard shape so I went in and said, "You need a new sign." The guy that owns the place said, "Yep.... need 3." He made one tiny revision to what I proposed, gave me a deposit and paid me the second the sign was up. I wish they all went this well!

Attachments

• Horsnell.jpg
    Horsnell.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 96

signmeup

Thanks Bob. The posts are 4 pieces of 1x4 pressure treated decking glued and screwed together with HDU caps.
The decking has rounded edges so I use a v groove bit in my router to add the groove on the sides it would be missing on.

mrchips

That looks great.......posts en all!

I just (personally) don't like white letters. Nothing wrong with it, just a little too stark for my personal taste. I'll tone it down a bit and go with ivory.

Good lookin job!!!!!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

JimmyG

I like it very much, Well Done!....the posts especially add some elegant architectural style to the panel shape....!

How did you fashion the mounting brackets? I'm assuming this is HDU on the carved panel and single faced...?
From the scale of the posts, the panel looks to be about 3 ft X 5 ft..?

signmeup

I like it very much, Well Done!....the posts especially add some elegant architectural style to the panel shape....!

How did you fashion the mounting brackets? I'm assuming this is HDU on the carved panel and single faced...?
From the scale of the posts, the panel looks to be about 3 ft X 5 ft..?

Thanks Jimmy. Everyone seems to like those posts.
The sign is double faced. I used 1" HDU panels with two 1" square steel tubes sandwiched between. Little tabs welded on each end of the tubes allow bolting the sign in place.

I like making double faced signs with two separate panels because I can work on each face without flipping the panel over. Speeds things up when it gets to the painting/gilding stage.

You have a good eye for scale.... the sign is 36" x 57". The posts are 4 1/2" square.

SignManiac

I like making double faced signs with two separate panels because I can work on each face without flipping the panel over. Speeds things up when it gets to the painting/gilding stage.

Same exact thing here! Time is more valuable than the materials.

JimmyG

Thanks Jimmy. Everyone seems to like those posts.
The sign is double faced. I used 1" HDU panels with two 1" square steel tubes sandwiched between. Little tabs welded on each end of the tubes allow bolting the sign in place.

You have a good eye for scale.... the sign is 36" x 57". The posts are 4 1/2" square.
Thanks for further details Signmeup....I can certainly vision the mounting system now....as i said before...well done...!