• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OCE ARIZONA 1260GT, options please!

simplyprintedusa

A Nightmare or a New path to the Future...........
Hello, My name Robert,
If anyone has a service manual, instead of just an operator's manual can you please share it, and this may be asking to much but a way to access or perform work in service mode, or to remove it altogether would be a life saver! if that is even possible? The issues I am faced with concerning the multiple Arizona Printers I have are common problems I have seen many times across many forums and different platforms and they all seem to end with the same solution which is "CALL CANON" but I do not feel this should be the only option and maybe it is not the only option and I am just unaware of any other solutions which is also possible but as of right now it's the only options I have seen.

Sometimes the problem is user error then generally the simple solutions can be identified and explained on a forum well enough for others to benefit. But when it comes to a complex problem that could be solved by anyone with common sense and the ability to read and follow procedures it seems that it's nowhere to be found. I should not have to call Canon and pay for a service call to calibrate a machine, adjust meniscus pressure, set vacuum pressure, or replace or diagnose a head issue. A simple "How To Troubleshooting manual": that most everything comes with these days would solve many issues that end up costing companies tens of thousands of dollars. Trust me, I know!

Unless they are covering the problem under warranty and its built into the price you initially pay for the unit then all repairs should be able to be performed by an aftermarket source. But in my opinion, you are paying heavily upfront for a new machine like a Canon OCE Arizona 1260GT and not receiving the warranty time period that would justify the purchase. If I had known the warranty period was only 1 year I would have never bought the machine unless they took of $100 grand!

My main printer issue is like everyone else's. White ink dripping heavily all the time. Previously with a different but same exact year, make and model printer It was all of the ink dripping all of the time. With that issue I spent a week myself trying to figure it out and luckily I did.....I noticed the flathead screw on the vacuum hose that acts as pressure relief valve allowing for pressure adjustment (basically it tells the vacuum pump how long to stay on by increasing or decreasing the pressure from what I can tell.....I do not know because I didn't build it) its located down by the control board and by the pumps. The screw was backed out all the way out and the vacuum pump stayed on all the time and all ink bays steadily dripped. The first time was over a long weekend. This error was created by a CANON TECH and it cost me $2000 in ink. Then I shut the machine down over a year ago and refuse to use it!

However, my wives company landed on an auction that had someone selling 4 of the same printers and they placed a really low bid not really thinking they would win it but they won the bid and they were delivered. Before I even knew about it. So, Im in deep to a lot of Canon equipment with no roadmap!

The printer that has been off for over a year can stay that way, but I still have issues with these 4..........well 2 now because I already fixed 2. They were minor issues. but the 2 that I am working on both have the same issue remaining. They are dripping white ink all the time. I have tried to adjust the screw valve by the pumps as well as the one up on the Gantry but without any manual or literature I'm just guessing and hoping to get lucky which has never worked in the past.

I have not and refuse to call canon again for this printer or any other for that matter. Our experience with them, every time has been horrible, and in several occasions offensive and rude in nature. I just hope I can make that comment a reality and find what I need to get them fixed or I will have no choice but to call them. I hate that my opinions are what they are when it comes to Canon but I didn't form the opinion because they were a great company and had good customer service. I do not think I would have this opinion of them if that was what we seen. Which truly sucks!

#canon
#oce
#Arizona 1260GT
#Arizona
#UV printer
#Maniscus
#vacuum pressure
#OCE service manual
#Printer Support
#Service mode

ToTo

Professional Support
I guess you have Problem with your Meniskusfilter in the carriage. Check and replace if necessary. Check also the 3-way-valve in the ink bay, which controls the recirculation. Could be that ink is filled instead of recircled.
The adjuster valves are meant to control air flow when pressurizing and depressurizing. And you won’t be able to adjust without access to service mode.

I guess you have Problem with your Meniskusfilter in the carriage. Check and replace if necessary. Check also the 3-way-valve in the ink bay, which controls the recirculation. Could be that ink is filled instead of recircled.
The adjuster valves are meant to control air flow when pressurizing and depressurizing. And you won’t be able to adjust without access to service mode.
The negative pressure (meniscus) is the same for all ink channels. If CMYK does not leak, you have an issue only on white. Follow the white printhead black tubes to the black reservoir, on top of the reservoir you have a clear tube and a small filter towards the meniscus manifold. All this is under carriage cover. This filter might be blocked by ink. If so, replace it and clean the tube. All the fittings should be connected properly; compare with the CMYK lines. Ink will leak by gravity if no negative pressure is present to hold it. Just google "inkjet meniscus vacuum" and look at the images.