• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd magnet question?

knucklehead

Made a guy a set of magnets about a year ago, using cut vinyl on Magnum magnet material. He's used them on a newer Chevrolet full size truck. He just puts them on a couple times a week.

So, his mom died, and he inherited her 2000, or so, Ford Ranger. He put the magnets on the ranger, ran up to Atlanta to pick up some parts. He saw one magnet fly off on I-75, and the other one was gone too when he got back.

I'm gonna make him a new set at a little discount, but I don't have any idea why they wouldn't stay on the ranger truck. The truck hasn't been wrecked, it's in pretty much brand new shape.

Any thoughts?

visual800

The ranger could have been dirty. The magnets could hve been hitting on ridges or dips in body. Anything could have happened

rjssigns

Check the door with a magnet. Just because your Mom never wrecked it doesn't mean the lot boy didn't back into it when it was new. Dealer will fix it and not say a word. Fact.

knucklehead

Yeah, I'm going over there tomorrow, and check the doors. Thought about that, but what's the chances both doors being puttied? Although, anything's possible?

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you read the little slip of paper that comes in the magnet boxes, it says they are not for highway use. Also if they didn't clean the magnets and the vehicle surface it greatly reduces the holding power.