• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OEM 3rd party inks for MIMAKI JV5 - 160

paoloniko

Hi guys,
Any experience using OEM 3rd party inks for Mimaki JV5 - 160cm?
Recomendations are highly appreciated!

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
There is no such thing as OEM 3rd party ink. It would be either OEM ink OR third party ink.... We have been running Triangle JVV ink in our JV33 for several years now and have been very happy with it. The JV33 uses the same print head (as well as many other parts common to the JV5) as the JV5, the JV5 is essentially a much faster 4 head version of the JV33.

paoloniko

There is no such thing as OEM 3rd party ink. It would be either OEM ink OR third party ink.... We have been running Triangle JVV ink in our JV33 for several years now and have been very happy with it. The JV33 uses the same print head (as well as many other parts common to the JV5) as the JV5, the JV5 is essentially a much faster 4 head version of the JV33.

By mistake written both OEM and 3rd party.
Strange! In one of the JV5's i am using Triangle Inks MSS 2 litres at the moment. Before this, i used JVV 2 liters and I had big problems, finally it destoyed all 4 heads and we replaced them. We then changed to MSS and now all is perfect including quality!

I am investigating now for other inks to use on the other machines i have!!

Thanks

TheSnowman

I'm running JVV Triangle's in my JV33 and love them. I think I'm paying like $62 a cartridge. I ran Bordeaux in my JV3 for years and liked those too. It's been a bit of a curve to get all my colors dialed in right with the triangle, but they seem to hold up just as well.

InstantOneMedia

We switched to MSS on our JV33 and had an issue with the black. So we kept the ss21 Black, and used MSS M,C,Y. Then we switched to JVV M,C,Y bulk and were unhappy with the Magenta. So now our silly arrangement is ss21 Black, MSS Magenta, and JVV C & Y bulk. However, with the MSS, the tab that pops out to let the printer know it's out of ink, overshoots the sensor and the printer doesn't read the cartridge as empty and the ink can drop out.

Last edited: