• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OEM heads Vs. CMYK brand

midnightmadman

Hey guys, I am buying a 48" falcon printer that will need new heads.
Whats everyones opinion on OEM epson compared to the ones CMYK sells?
Thanks!

Flame

Glad you made it on!

He's referring to the ones from cmykparts. He already has my opinion, anyone else up for throwing out theirs?

ahollow

I just purchased both heads, capping station, pump and dampers from Victor at cmykparts.com for my Mutoh Jr.

As far as I can tell, all the parts were OEM. They all worked great.

RG

I also have a Falcon Outdoor Jr printer. I think Epson is the only company that makes the printheads. I don't know about other models, but my printer uses the Epson 3000 printheads. These are the same heads that Epson put in their Stylus Color 800 desktop printer years ago. They also put these same head in their Stylus Color 1520 and Stylus Color 3000 printers. If you want a good price, check out National Parts Depot. I bought a black printhead from them for $55 plus shipping and have been using it for more than a year. They sell the color printhead for about $100. Before you install a printhead, be sure to write down the handwritten, head-rank number that is on the side of the printhead.

ncpdfsb

i agree with rg... nat parts depot is good and also theonegoods is an ebay user with great service and all the parts you would need. note he ships from china thats why his prices are so low.

always make sure what you buy is solvent resistant!

MacDaddy

As I understand it there are parts manufactured in Belgium for Motoh and parts manufactured in China, the later being aftermarket parts... I choose to buy the parts from a dealer who gets parts from Mutoh as they tend to be more reliable... JMO

MacDaddy

China, South Korea, etc. do not have/observe copyright laws... That's why they are always a little cheaper... I can tell you from experience that the lifespan of the parts are never as long as as OEM parts... That ole' saying "you get what ya pay for" rings true in this case as well...

MacDaddy

Glad they did..... In my experience that would not be the case... But, like I said I am glad they worked out for you...