• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oki ColorPainter M64s - Skewing problem - Need help & Service Manual

AtomicGraf

I run an Oki Colorpainter M-64s. I think its a great machine but I have run into a big problem with material skewing to the right coming off the printer. I can take a roll of material and load it onto the feeder reel and pull it through the front ensuring it is coming straight down the front heater panel. I feel it is loaded in super straight, Once I lower the lever to grip the material to the grit roller I can advance the media manually forward or backwards, or via printing, The vinyl will start moving off to the right. In 3 ft it will move at least 1/4" to the right. Around back the roll will be tight on one side and loose on the other. If I don't advance some material to create slack off the loading roll it will pretty quickly create ripples that will cause a head strike.
Any thoughts of the cause and a way to fix it?
Can anyone provide a service manual to me for this printer?
Is it possible that the pressure on the material between the grit roller and plastic rollers on the left is greater than on the right when the lever is lowered? Can this be made level again?
I appreciate all ideas on this!
Mark