• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Old Man in the Mountain"

mrchips

I was commissioned to carve the "Old Man in the Mountain" that fell apart a few years ago in New hampshire. This is on a mirror frame.....pine with oil stains cleared with laquer. This was a wedding gift......he proposed to her here, within site of the "Old Man".

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 130

Berferful

Old Man

Nice work. I always thought he looked alot like Sen. John Kerry. The Old Man fell the same time John was running for president.

Craig Sjoquist

I would have like to see the real thing and understand what I.m looking at.

What I see is some really nice carving of stones. ..excuse

Marlene

for all who don't live up north, the Old Man in the Mountain was a natural rock formation. New Hampshire has it all over their road signs, license plates and it was a real icon around here with people coming from all over to take a look at it. a few years back, it fell off the side of the mountain and is no more...boo.

SignManiac

I took this picture last time I was there :)

As usual Joe, nice carving!

Attachments

• Old man.jpg
    Old man.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 122

phototec

Great carving

a few years back, it fell off the side of the mountain and is no more...boo.

In this photo from the 1990s, crews work on the symbolic Old Man of the Mountain in Franconia, N.H.

New Hampshire awoke May 3, 2003, to find its stern granite symbol of independence and stubbornness had collapsed into indistinguishable rubble.

BTW: Great carving!

Attachments

• Old Man in the Mountain.jpg
    Old Man in the Mountain.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 99

beckys

Looks great to me!!
I do so miss The Old man, I cried when he fell!
Every summer we would drive up, hang out-never know how much you miss it until it was gone...