• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Online sign designer

alienwraps

I'm looking to add to my website a designer. I want my customers to be able to go to my website and design their own sign. What is the best program to use.

Marlene

why would anyone want the customer to self design is beyond me. why not offer design as a service?

2B

This topic has come up several times before, best bet is to search and see what was said

it boils down to if you want a stand alone program coded to your specs (expensive and time consuming), can get coded for much less over seas but run the risk of "dirty" code or no product made

leasing the program, and it is a plugin on your site.

just start goggling different companies, if memory serves there is one from Florida that get good reviews for leasing.

There will always be the argument of letting the customer design VS design as a service.

In the end there is no denying that Vista Print (or any like company) has the right idea you are able to make sales 24/7/365 with an online designer and you don't have to waste your time on the "simple" layout and can focus on the projects that do require the "professional" design

Joe Diaz

why would anyone want the customer to self design is beyond me. why not offer design as a service?

What she said.

I would even go far as saying that it's bad for our industry and our clients when we give novices the tools to design their own signs. A customer may think they saved money by designing their own sign, but any poorly designed advertisement can actually cost that customer money by presenting the wrong image and potentially scaring off their customers.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I WISH all the other shops around me had a customer design powered program on their website.
I've only liked ONE wrap that came out of my shop that was customer designed. The others...I don't put in our gallery etc. because I can't explain to the tens of thousands of people that are going to see them...that we didn't design it.
That being said, a design program will NOT account for the complexities of vehicle curves etc and you will either have to spend design time anyways on it OR redo parts.