• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 11 Tiling Non-Tiled Jobs?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Recently we have been having a few issues with Onyx tiling jobs that we did NOT select to be tiled.
These jobs don't need tiled, but for some reason it is tiling them when they are copied in the RIP.
ie: We add a print/cut file to the RIP, then it rips it. After the file has completed ripping, we choose the copy file option and copy it 5 times. Today 2 of those 5 turned out tiled, the other 3 turned out the same as the first one. ???

Any ideas why it is adding random tiling to those files? it still prints & cuts the final file fine, but it is usually tiling 2 inches on one side of the art ONLY, and customers don't like a goofy seam in their final print/cut graphic.

This seems to be happening more & more often recently, and is happening on both of our Onyx 11 RIPs.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think it may have to do with leaving them in the que and switching media sizes, but haven't confirmed this yet. The weirdest part is that when you turn off tiling on the "now tiled" jobs, they say they are at 100% when their new size w/o tiling is incorrect.