• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX Cut Server issues.

Hopefully someone can help me, this is driving me nuts and taking a lot of cutter time.

I'm trying to print and cut 10,000 1.5"x3" stickers (L26500 print and Summa S140T cut) in batches of 500. Print is fine, sending file to cutter is fine, but cutting is slow going. It feeds out 6 or 7 feet then cuts 1 sticker, pulls in 3 feet then cuts 1 sticker, pulls in another 3 feet then cuts 1 sticker, then feeds out the 6 or 7 feet and cuts one, pulls in 3 and cuts one, etc, etc, etc... This single batch of 500 is going to take at least an hour to cut at this rate. Is there any way to set it cut the first row all at once, then second, then third, etc (which would be logical so that's probably why it isn't doing it).

I'm also having trouble getting it to print a barcode and registration marks for each individual file rather than 1 for all the copies I send to print.. I tried following the instructions on this post but I can't get it to work. The only thing I can do right now is to send each batch individually which is a pain in the but and a waste of time. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

AF

The large movements between pen up and pen down can be eliminated on the Summa front panel. The option you are looking for is called "sorting" and you want to set it to "start point". It will cause the summa to reorganize the jumbled up output from Onyx.

As for Onyx batching all your jobs under one barcode run, maybe someone else can help with that.