• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Front End Layout

HaroldDesign

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Example: I need to rip 50 different pdf pages in groups of two. This amounts to ripping 25 files @ two-up.
Is there a way to to tell Onyx to open all the images, but automatically create forms of two-up? I know it's a long shot, and the way I'm doing it now works well, but this is happening almost daily and the time spent ripping files is getting nuts.

Thanks for any ideas!

Ron Helliar

Quickset is the answer

Create a new quickset for the job your doing. Edit that quickset and go to advanced (lower left). You'll see the copies in the window. Change to what you need and your done.
Drop all 25 pdf's in a hotfolder or quickset input folder at once.

edited to add:
forgot about rotating for your media if needed. It's all in there in the advanced section.

rfulford

If I am understanding correctly, you want to do gang ups not step and repeats. This should be fairly easy.

1 Configure you printer and add a new page size that is just large enough to hold 2 copies of the page.

2 Change your media and placement (The change button in the upper right of server) and choose the new page size you just created and change your placement to "conserve media".

3 Hit the set up button next to "conserve media" to change your placement strategy. Set this window to center justification or whatever you need and turn on area based start. You will need to fiddle with this value but I assume that anything over 50% will work for you.

Open your job and print as you normally do.

Matt-Tastic

also, you can create a new page sixe in ONYX, make it a sheet that is the size of 2 of the pages, and rip it all as 1 file. this will put them side by side, and you can put into your quickset that you want x inches between sheets. that'll give you a space in between the 2-upped pages.

there is also a plugin for acrobat call Quite Imposing that does this (and anything else under the sun) AMAZINGLY well.

rfulford

Ditto on Quite Imposing. This is an outstanding plug in for Accrobat. Its a must have if you do any small format work.

HaroldDesign

My membership has been paid for in information many times over. Once again, I just have to put it out there what a great informational and helpful place this is.
Thanks again!

nate

My membership has been paid for in information many times over. Once again, I just have to put it out there what a great informational and helpful place this is.
Thanks again!

Though to be fair you did post in the free section...