• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Operating Graphtec FC-8600 over a network

Rajesh Nahar

Hi Folks,

We have five Graphtec FC-8xxx series plotters which we need to operate using a single PC over a LAN network. How do we achieve that and how do we make sure the right cutting job is going to the respective machine?

We will be glad if somebody can offer any suggestions on this.

Thnx

TomK

You have to connect them to your ethernet network and connect your pc to the same network. You then give each of the cutters an IP address and address from your cut software by IP address.

whatsinaname

The problem is that cutting master 2 is asking even for the port number when giving the cut job. what port no. should we input ?

papabud

Lone Wolf
on the pull down select tcp/ip.
input the correct ip addy and port number should be fine. if not it will be listed on the machine control panel under settings somewhere.

ikarasu

Cm2 might not support tcp/IP. They're on cm4... Which is what I use .Not sure if cm3 does tcp/ip even.

Cm2 is no longer supported... Cm3 also reached its end of life, and only cm4 will get updates. I'm presuming your using a really old illustrator that doesn't support cm3/4?