• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on Summa DC series

I am looking into buying a Summa DC series printer. I feel like these printers may be more suited to my business than a solvent or latex machine. My business is primarily fire apparatus graphics and fire helmet shields. I currently print everything on my Gerber Edge and turn down anything I can't make work on it. The thermal printing is important to me because it is the only process that will allow me to print on clear and layer it to make my hand laid gold leaf graphics, and it is also the process I use to make the helmet shields. The big questions I have about the Summas are reliability, ease of use, resolution/print quality, and accuracy both in color alignment and contour cutting. I understand that they are not the right machine for everyone but it really seems like the direction I need to go?

ProColorGraphics

I'd call them up and ask for Drew. I am sure he would do everything he could to get you the info you need and to get you some references of those who have them out in the "real world."