• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optiscout

moharrow

Hey guys just got hired on at a relatively small print shop. We have a Zund cutter that is approximately 20 years old and runs Optiscout software from about that time as well. This version of Optiscout only runs on Windows 7. Does anyone know of any training videos for this old of a system?

moharrow

I'm in the Milwaukee area. Nobody knows how to run it. The guy that had some knowledge on the machine retired and I'm his replacement. I have about two days of training at another company that had way better equipment, but I didn't have to select tools for different materials or have to use the router. Most of the issues I'm having are on the router.

JBurton

Signtologist
There should be a pretty awful readme on the pc. I know optiscout is from a German company, so I'd reach out to zund. Googling them up, they are right in your neck of the woods. See if they can quote you a tech visit for training, I can't imagine it's too unreasonable. Failing that, is the retired guy already on a plain to the bahamas? No luck in reaching out to him?

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Well I run a Colex, not a Zund, but I can't imagine settings would be too different. What troubles are you having with the router?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Eurosystems has some instructional videos for Optiscout here - https://www.optiscout.com/main.dml?sprache=eng

Not sure if those videos apply to the version of Optiscout that you are running, or the particular Zund model, but probably a good place to get started as a lot of the functions between Optiscout versions are similar.

You can also submit a support ticket to request additional support and training resources on that same website. Keep in mind they are based in Luxembourg, so it usually takes at least one business day to get a response after you submit the support request.

Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

moharrow

Well I run a Colex, not a Zund, but I can't imagine settings would be too different. What troubles are you having with the router?
When I set up my files, it almost always tries to segment the job. We're running right at the limit of what the machine can route in one segment. Our paging system hasn't worked correctly since long before I started here and I'm not sure where to start scanning the registration marks for the second segment. For example, 48x96 dibond cut to two sheets of 47.75x47.75. Should be simple right. All sorts of issues.