• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 15" punched 651 and 751 backing paper

Bobas Kalobas

All of the new 15" punched Oracal vinyl, be it 651 or 751 has small tears along the perforated holes, or near the holes. This causes major problems while weeding. When pulling the background vinyl off then it grabs along these tears and ruins the job. Anyone else seeing this? I buy all my vinyl from Fellers. It can't just be me. This has been going on for over a year or two and I am going to have to change brands if it doesn't stop.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 197
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 31

Bobas Kalobas

can you cut off the holes before you start weeding it?
That is a good idea!! ....but some of the cracks go all the way to the vinyl, past the holes. And, we shouldnt have to deal with it, It will take a long time to trim off all the vinyl we cut. :) ...and the tears that you see are already in the vinyl and go into the usable area.

visual800

oh yes Ive noticed this I only use 751 when weeding I usually pull the vinyl upwards and avoid the tears and it alwasy on the top part for some reason