• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 751 problem

Bcrawf

This is my second roll of 751 with the same problem ( Black). The silicone liner seems to be a little thin, when I pull the graphics off the liner with the transfer tape the paper liner wants to tear and stick to the back of the vinyl letters, I actually cut some white 751 first and then the black (the white pulled off the liner perfectly) I order a new roll of black and installed a new blade, set my cutter to "barely" scratching the liner and encountered the same problem. Has anyone else had a problem with 751 black? These rolls were dropped shipped directly from the factory.

CS-SignSupply

Many different brands will do the same thing as the consistency of the face stock can vary from lot to lot. Not uncommon for one color to cut perfect and another not.

More than likely a new batch the has some minor inconsistencies.

SignosaurusRex

cutting too deep

Yep. Set your blade depth for proper for 751 Black and you'll be fine for other colors of the 751 as well as Arlon and Gerber materials. For some reason, black is consistently thinner than other colors in most all grades of Orocal...at least in what I've experienced.

Jillbeans

Actually I've had this same problem with 951 Cobalt Blue.
The other stuff I cut (same brand, number, but different color) at the same time released fine.
Love....Jill

Bcrawf

Its not the thickness of the vinyl thats the problem, its the silicone liner surface that is too thin. I set the blade depth to where it is just barely scratching the liner (if you flip the material over you cannot see any indentation from the cut line)