• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal mask

OldPaint

i like this product, BUT THIS ROLL is gettin me P.O'ED!!!!!
i buy mask rather then using regular vinyl.......CAUSE THE ADHESIVE on mask, is supposed to come off the sub straight WHEN YOU REMOVE THE VINYL.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL............ i got glue stayin on the sign!!!!!
something aint right. anyone else have this problem with ORACAL MASK???

chopper

i like this product, BUT THIS ROLL is gettin me P.O'ED!!!!!
i buy mask rather then using regular vinyl.......CAUSE THE ADHESIVE on mask, is supposed to come off the sub straight WHEN YOU REMOVE THE VINYL.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL............ i got glue stayin on the sign!!!!!
something aint right. anyone else have this problem with ORACAL MASK???
OP,
I have used it in the past, with out issue, it always removed clean.... I was using automotive base coat clear coat system, what type of paint are you using?
//chopper

OldPaint

its a plastic tire cover. and i tried the KRYLON for plastic spray bomb. i had a 7"x 10" rectangle, in mask and it came off the plastic GLUE ON VINYL. couple lines of copy, 2-3" tall, is where the glue stays on the tire cover..............i tried some rapid remover tonite, IT TOOK THE PAINT UP!!!!!!!!!! back to wiping it all off and repainting with automotive A/E & HARDNER..............should work. i know rapid remover wont move it.

Custom Bob

That's the problem OP. I've had problems in the past using mask and vinyl for masks with Krylon and other spray bombs. It's one of the chemicals in the spray bomb that plays havoc and releases the glue from the mask or vinyl. Yet I have used it with automotive paints and House of Color and had no problems. You might wanna try spraying One Shot on with an airbrush if it's a smaller area.
Hope this helps.
I've also had problems using One Shot over top of a Krylon base. It seems that the One Shot doesn't adhere good to the Krylon. I've tried using automotive reducer and hardner and I still couldn't get it to bite. In time it would just peel off.

"When has anything ever been easy" ;)