• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OT - Short weekend vacation, where to go?

CES020

Downtown Nashville, where the bars and restaurants are is packed with music and food. It's all the people trying to make it by playing in local bars. Plenty to do there, no doubt. CMA's in town might cause some issues. Not sure, never been there when any events were in town.

Not sure if they still do it, but they used to have a street party like event every Tuesday or Thursday or something, right between the river and all those bars and restaurants. It was always a blast.

They tell me I had fun. I have no memory of any of it :beer:beer:beer

Letterbox Mike

If you're into going to a somewhat less populated area, head north to Traverse City and the sleeping bear dunes area. From Grand Rapids it's only about a 3-4 hour drive and it's downright beautiful up there at any time. Check out Art's Tavern in Glen Arbor, on Sunday nights they have a roasted chicken dinner that will make your knees buckle, and their weekly special burgers are about the best there are. My wife and I drive up there a couple times a year at least, plus take one long vacation there a year.

speedmedia

Downtown Nashville, where the bars and restaurants are is packed with music and food. It's all the people trying to make it by playing in local bars. Plenty to do there, no doubt. CMA's in town might cause some issues. Not sure, never been there when any events were in town.

Not sure if they still do it, but they used to have a street party like event every Tuesday or Thursday or something, right between the river and all those bars and restaurants. It was always a blast.

They tell me I had fun. I have no memory of any of it :beer:beer:beer

LOL. Sounds like my type of place. Looking forward to it. One of my favorite things to do is sit in a bar or a dive bar and listen to aspiring music as long as it is good..

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

If you're into going to a somewhat less populated area, head north to Traverse City and the sleeping bear dunes area. From Grand Rapids it's only about a 3-4 hour drive and it's downright beautiful up there at any time. Check out Art's Tavern in Glen Arbor, on Sunday nights they have a roasted chicken dinner that will make your knees buckle, and their weekly special burgers are about the best there are. My wife and I drive up there a couple times a year at least, plus take one long vacation there a year.

Oh yeah. Love Glen Arbor. Actually it is my Favorite place to go in this state. It is so nice and peaceful. Arts is great! Shotski @ Arts and a burger is a good night.

Was up there twice last summer. If I knew I could move operations up there and make a good living I would be c-ya gone!

Thanks,
Kurt

Letterbox Mike

Was up there twice last summer. If I knew I could move operations up there and make a good living I would be c-ya gone!

Thanks,
Kurt

I'm right there with you, if there was a way to make a living up there we'd have moved long ago. Now I'm craving an Art's burger.

Word to the wise, don't get a margarita in there though! I've had some mean margaritas in my life but let me tell you I'm pretty sure Tim puts jet fuel or something in them. I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room after just one... Good lord.

speedmedia

I'm right there with you, if there was a way to make a living up there we'd have moved long ago. Now I'm craving an Art's burger.

Word to the wise, don't get a margarita in there though! I've had some mean margaritas in my life but let me tell you I'm pretty sure Tim puts jet fuel or something in them. I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room after just one... Good lord.

Funny you say that. Last time I was there the wife and I and some friends we where with partook in a couple of them. Good stuff but don't make any plans for the early morning..

Damn the burger does sounds good to! Can we get them shipped? lol

Anyone else on things we have to see in Nashville?

Thanks,
Kurt