• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our new brochure

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Has anybody else noticed an increase in the number of potential customers asking for brochures? Just when you think everyone just goes to Google, they start going old school. Anyway, I've designed a one page tri-fold and I wanted to get some feedback. Have at me.

Attachments

• brochure.jpg
    brochure.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 125

stephenj148

Needs a lot of work before you go to print...

1. Less photos.... A brochure is a way that a consumer can quickly and easily find out what you do. You don't want to include your entire image gallery showing what you do. But on the otherside, you don't want ALL text. Find a happy medium, and lay it out in a flowing design.

2. Lessen your use of fonts... 1-2 fonts TOPS.

3. Reduce the "ridged" feel.... a trifold brochure doesn't need to be exactly three panels on the inside... you could have it open up and be one full page.

4. Overall, this piece needs to be clear, and eye catching. Think to yourself, "if this is sitting in a brochure rack... (based on design alone, not subject) would I want to pick it up...."

There are some very professional looking brochures out there. You can either google some examples, or find your nearest brochure rack and find somethings you like and see what you come up with.

Hope that helps. Sorry if it's harsh, its all meant to be constructive.

signswi

You have a really rigid grid yet you break it in places that don't make sense. Kind of the opposite of what you should be doing, unfortunately. Why is the map and "are you thinking signs" block out of grid alignment when everything else is (overly) rigid? Looks like a MS Word or Publisher template :/.

JS

opinion

honest opinion is it does not look professional. To little information and to much of the same type of photos.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I made some minor adjustments on the second page. I'm mailing these out to existing customers and will have them to hand out to people that come by the store. It seems like the majority of my phone calls are of the "do you do (fill in the blank) ?" variety. I am trying to answer as many of those questions as I can. For many years I had a 12 page catalog I designed and handed out to people. It was filled with all the details. Nobody read the details - they only looked at the pictures.

Attachments

• brochure2.jpg
    brochure2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 110

stephenj148

Its boring, lacks professional quality, maybe thats why people weren't reading the details before?????

As much as you feel people don't read the details, they should still be on there for the people who do ACTUALLY READ. What happens if someone has your brochure in hand, and a competitors brochure in other....... Yours has some pictures and sign sizes on it, but doesn't say it. Whereas your competitors have things that they do with a few pictures on it.

Whose do you think they'll go with...? Ask yourself these questions... put yourself in a consumer POV. You're trying to sell your company with a brochure and this layout doesn't do it...