• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

overlaying colors

yamaha581

I am sure this is simple to do but I have looked online and have not found anything.

We are trying to print a magenta ontop of the chrome to mix the two colors together. I know when we had a Summa we would just click something in adobe and it would know to print the colors. Is that something similar with the gerber as well? I am doing all the design work in illustrator and print with flexi if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Jburns

In Flexi,

Try using the Underbase effect- and assign that color as the chrome or siver medal under the shape---Should be under: Effects - Underbase- select choke or bleed, and with or without holes.

You can do Solid or Variable --

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you're planning on using Gerber Silver Medal as your base coat, do some research first. You may find that there are some limitations on what foils can be used to successfully overprint on it. There are also some limitations on outdoor durability.

artofacks1

I am sure this is simple to do but I have looked online and have not found anything.

We are trying to print a magenta ontop of the chrome to mix the two colors together. I know when we had a Summa we would just click something in adobe and it would know to print the colors. Is that something similar with the gerber as well? I am doing all the design work in illustrator and print with flexi if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Do it like any color.

Make your silver medal base, that select magenta as your overlay. Once you go to output, make sure you lie to your edge and tell it you are printing on 220. That it wil alow you to print chrome and than print magenta on top.

Why did you get away from the Summa if I may ask?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have never been able to successfully print over Silver Medal foil before, thought we could once and ruined 30 yards... I believe you need to get some VinylEFX Smooth Silver vinyl and print the magenta onto that.

yamaha581

Do it like any color.

Make your silver medal base, that select magenta as your overlay. Once you go to output, make sure you lie to your edge and tell it you are printing on 220. That it wil alow you to print chrome and than print magenta on top.

Why did you get away from the Summa if I may ask?

It was just way too expensive to use. We had the DC3 as well so it only took the 39" material. The gerber has a lot more color options and for what we do it is a lot more cost effective. We also could never get the summa to print correctly with all the heat settings and everything and we have never had trouble with the gerber from the first day we got it with print quality.