• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overused logo designs

Biker Scout

WOW... Just plain lazy.

I have a special category of client that gets the generic treatment from time to time. It's usually the ones who can't be pleased, gone though several revisions, picky and have a design critique committee hovering over their shoulders. 9 times out of 10, when it gets to the point of frustration, and the paid for revisions run out, they get something like that. And usually they love it. Uggh... can't win sometimes.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think they missed the clipart "guy holding wrench" logo category.......

wayne k
guam usa

John Butto

nice find

That is like a playbook for the people on the contests, have seen every one of those hundreds of times.
But to tell you the truth, that is what people want and are looking for, they do not want to be out of the norm. When they hold the contest they will show you one of those logos and tell you this is what they like and want something to match it. It drives the market. Why do think Justin Bieber is so popular.

Craig Sjoquist

Never really paid much attention to over used logos, but have noticed here in Orlando like on Craigslist graphic designers advertising for work & noticed the over used logos many are even fake companies, guess it is because we have at least 3 schools that teach graphic design, many advertise really low prices for it.

Joe Diaz

Oh man I'm doing one of those right now. LOL I think it somewhat fits in the swooshy men category. Not my best work, but I think it will work great for the client, which is a physical therapy/rehab group associated with a local nursing home.

Billct2

Nothing is new.
There were plenty of hand letterers who had three fonts and a few layouts and that was how you knew who did the sign/truck door.
Funny thing is you could spend $50 or $50,000 and still ned up with a logo that fits in those categories.
For vehicle wraps it's been the "sunburts" background around here.

OldPaint

lower case lettering.........one in one color the 2nd in another color......looks like feces ........

Mosh

Thanks for the link, I will just tell my customers to pick one. You saved me a ton of work!

boxerbay

it is the way the market is. jo shmo is not going to be able to afford a high end designer to build a logo for them. so $200 is only going to get them x amount and most of that will be using some form of clip art vector from istock.com and then adding in the text below it. add to that all the overseas work flooding in client will scoff when you tell them $2K for a custom logo.

Makproductions06

I have seen tons of these... I have tried tons of times to steer the customer in the right direction of design choices but sometimes you just have to let them win to make them happy... One guy requested that I use Comic Sans for one of his designs....:banghead:

About the price... most people want it cheap for crap... others pay crazy amounts of money for crap... Have you seen the new colorado state logo?????