• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pa'ers

slappy

I was wondering the requirements on contractor licence numbers, boat numbers and dot numbers; for vehicle purposes only. I'm in a daze and can't remember and my mac is shut down. (where all my prior jobs are saved)

much appreciation :smile:

Jillbeans

Boat and DOT #s are 3".
I have been making the contractor's numbers a lot smaller tho, like 1".
Not sure of the regulations on those.
And sometimes people will request the DOTs to be smaller, but that is risky.
Love....Jill

signage

Here is what I found on the contractor's numbers!

This is off the states site!
Do contractors need to show their registration to their customers or display the registration in their business?
The law does not require contractors to show copies of their registration. After registering, a home improvement contractor registration certificate will be issued to the contractor. If contractors wish to display it, they may but they are not required to do so. However, contractors must include their registration number in their advertisements, contracts, estimates and proposals.

Do contractors need to display their registration number on their vehicles?

The law requires registration numbers in any advertisements used by contractors. If a contractor has an ad for their business on their vehicle, the ad must include their registration number. If the vehicle does not have advertising promoting the business, then the contractor is not required to display their registration number on the vehicle.

signage

Steph all they say is it need to be visible! Another of our fine states elected officials of leaving the door wide open for interpretation!

AKProbeGT

I've made them anywhere from .75-2" depending what the customer wants. Rules are real vague. Sometimes we put them on 3 sides of a vehicle, sometimes just one place.

Mosh

Dot #'s Visible from 50' (1.5" min) Boat #'s in most states are 3", unless it is registered to the Coast Guard, then the name needs to be a min of 4" and the reg number inside the hull is to be 3". The port of call can be smaller.

Mainframe

My brother-in-law just got busted by the Pa state troopers for DOT numbers, he came in for 2" numbers yesterday