• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting awning surfaces

CentralSigns

I have a customer that wants his awning painted and I am not sure what to use. He wants it to last 2-3 years and wants me to apply vinyl lettering to it. Has anyone any experience with this. I was thinking of using 1-shot for the paint.

iSign

is it sunbrella? ...or vinyl?

I would look to Naz-Dar screenprinting inks, made for flexibility in garment printing. I've used 1-shot to paint lettering on sunbrella, but not the whole awning.

If it's a vinyl awning, maybe vinyl screen ink will work, but also, maybe you could wrap the background color with vinyl... faster, cheaper & with a more (or at least equal) consistency of color hue & intensity

SignosaurusRex

Like iSign said....use NAZDAR vinyl screen ink thinned down. InkDezyne's Modified Acrylic works very well too. I've done literally hundreds of awnings with it.

Craig Sjoquist

Vinyl can be painted with Ronan's Aquacoat ... clean well ..I use purple stuff for soap ..rinse well..
Aquacoat is a water base sign lettering paint and is meant for vinyl sticks well and flexible