• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pan Face Question

ABPGraphics

Hi all,

a customer brought me in a pan face to letter. My problem is I don't know which edge is the top.....it is a 4x4 face but usually the face fits a particular way even if it is square......one thing this face has is a drill hole in one of the flanges.....would that be the top?

:thankyou:

I've never seen a face that would only fit in a cabinet one way. You could call and ask him if the screw goes in the top or bottom (or left or right, for that matter), but it shouldn't make any difference.

Gordy Saunders

Faces don't have drain holes. Usually if there is a hole in the flange it is because a screw was put in to hold the face to the retainer back. If the face is the same size both ways it really doesn't matter how you decorate it.

ABPGraphics

Thanks everyone.......I finally got ahold of the customer. He told me when he took the sign out the hole was at the top.......so I'm thinking it was a hole for it to be screwed in
to retainer like GORDY said

thanks all!