• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

panther cutter not cutting allt he way through

taylor imprints

having problems with my PANTHER 24" VINYL CUTTER it seems to cut my text that i enter but it only cuts deep enough for weeding on the right half of the vinyl. the left half is just barely scratched and can not weed.
anybody please give advice need to run a job.

S

SignTech

Thats's odd for sure. never experienced that on our 30" panther. Is your cut strip shot?

How about your pinch wheels? Down on both sides? In the middle?

Maybe you blade holder is lifting when it goes to cut one half and grazing the vinyl?

S

SignTech

You could have a bent cross member also....but I would give the cutting strip a change first.......

Interesting theory about the cross member ....... would make the blade rise when scanning across ..........

NEVER sit on the top of your cutter. lol

taylor imprints

i changed the cutting strip, but i put a 24" vinyl instead of a 15".
it barely cuts about 5 or 6" in the middle. the sides are cutting right through the backing paper.
i dont think the cross member is bent but if it is how do i know?
this is just killin me!

S

SignTech

it barely cuts about 5 or 6" in the middle. the sides are cutting right through the backing paper.
this is just killin me!

wow ............ weird, maybe Pro is right. Or maybe the down force is screwed up in the cutters hardware .......... you may want to call tech support.

Is the blade holding well magneticaly in the holder? Feel your pain.

signage

To check if the cross member (head carriage rail) move the head to several different positions and take a measurement to the same point of the carriage. When you replaced the cutting strip did you get all the old adhesive off and are you sure you got it down evenly across the whole area?

imaSIGNr

this is just killin me!
If the cross member is bent it could only have gotten bent by something heavy or fallen on the top, so I'd think you could just lay a straight edge on it to check for straightness.
Signage idea would be a better test.

Redline Signs

This happened to mine once--i called sw tech help. He had me lower the downforce to the default setting and adjust the blade out. We gave it a shot and it has worked well since.