• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper Steel or Magnetic Receptive Foamboard

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Good afternoon all...
I am bidding on a restaurant chain sign package and they have a menu board made of a 1" thick foam board with a magnetic receptive surface. I found the Gilman Brothers Magnetic Receptive Foam Board, but they only have it up to 1/2" thick. Of course I could mount a 1/2" of that to a 1/2" Gator and get away with it, but wondering if anyone has experience with this substrate or a magnetic receptive sheeting that can be laminated to the top of a 1" thick board. I'm trying to stay away from going with thin gauge steel to keep the weight down. Any ideas?

G-Artist

Don't ask me brand names or where to get it but I do recall reading somewhere (sign mag or on-line) that there was a paint that was ferrous/mag that could be applied to any surface to allow adhesion for magnetic-changeable copy.

gijohn

magnetic surface

First post - and I need a little help with an exterior sign (understand, I've been in the sign business for 2 months [sales] - so be nice!! :)

I have a customer that wants a couple of menu type signs for his ice cream place drive thru. He has strips of magnets (maybe 1" x 6" with all the flavors and they need to be either re-arranged or some eliminated each day. Daily changes.

These signs need to be approximately 2' x 3' and will be exposed to the elements. All little magnets will be brought in each night. To compound the problem - we'd love to shape the sign into some sort of "cone" with a semi-circle at the top for his logo.

I guess what we are looking for is a colorful, digital print that would be receptive to magnets.

Help?

john

sjm

First post - and I need a little help with an exterior sign (understand, I've been in the sign business for 2 months [sales] - so be nice!! :)

I have a customer that wants a couple of menu type signs for his ice cream place drive thru. He has strips of magnets (maybe 1" x 6" with all the flavors and they need to be either re-arranged or some eliminated each day. Daily changes.

These signs need to be approximately 2' x 3' and will be exposed to the elements. All little magnets will be brought in each night. To compound the problem - we'd love to shape the sign into some sort of "cone" with a semi-circle at the top for his logo.

I guess what we are looking for is a colorful, digital print that would be receptive to magnets.

Help?

john

Replace the magnetic strips with metal. Mount the graphic to a magnetic sheet and then have it contour cut. Widest magnet sheet I have found available is 39".