• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partial Wrap for HVAC company-

Craig Sjoquist

Yes of course I knew this would be a well designed advertising & branding you can read it 1, 2, 3 just plain awesome with excellent flow
The retro HVAC really helps puts trust into image surely likes that also

Dan the only question I have and ..do not like.. is with the phone number ..with the same weight area code as number ..a area code is reference just like 1-800 etc. also the www. is it even needed.
Same weight and size looks nice and all but when reading or seeing a phone number your eye focuses on the area code the last 4 numbers get lost ..the same for the www. the website can get lost also
ok so when doing a lighter weight or changed in a manner the area code is weaker then the 7 dgits, it does look a little odd maybe but in advertising you end up with a much stronger 7 digits which are the most important ..and alot easier to remember, since everybody knows what area code there in or that the one they see is not.

On this van a lighter weight area code and no www. would really let both number and website read easier.

What do you think...???

canawrap

looks fantastic, i agree with pro...on the roto rooter/mr rooter side, but fantastic none the less.
i too would probably just wrap the vehicle

Dan Antonelli

Yes of course I knew this would be a well designed advertising & branding you can read it 1, 2, 3 just plain awesome with excellent flow
The retro HVAC really helps puts trust into image surely likes that also

Dan the only question I have and ..do not like.. is with the phone number ..with the same weight area code as number ..a area code is reference just like 1-800 etc. also the www. is it even needed.
Same weight and size looks nice and all but when reading or seeing a phone number your eye focuses on the area code the last 4 numbers get lost ..the same for the www. the website can get lost also
ok so when doing a lighter weight or changed in a manner the area code is weaker then the 7 dgits, it does look a little odd maybe but in advertising you end up with a much stronger 7 digits which are the most important ..and alot easier to remember, since everybody knows what area code there in or that the one they see is not.

On this van a lighter weight area code and no www. would really let both number and website read easier.

What do you think...???

I think we've chatted on this before. I usually don't like a phone number at all on the sides, and would rather pump up a web addy more. Not sure there's really a right or wrong on this though. I like phone number and web on rear, but not sold on it's relevance as much on sides.

As for area code, here in NJ there are 3 primary area codes, so it's not necessarily a given what it's going to be automatically. Where this client is, I don't know that to be true, but instinctually, I usually don't downplay area codes (probably a Jersey thing for all i Know).

Regarding the Courtesy Cleaner phone on other thread, it's almost not needed. They have 7 or 8 locations all in Rhode Island - and people know them. For me web is so much more critical in that particular application, thus the prominence given.

Dan Antonelli

looks fantastic, i agree with pro...on the roto rooter/mr rooter side, but fantastic none the less.
i too would probably just wrap the vehicle

I Google image searched Mr Rooter (we must not have them here as I've not too familiar with them) to see what you guys were talking about. I don't care for the branding and execution. In my view, the problem with it is that it really looks like it hasn't been updated since the 50's. The guys head really looks like bad clip art, and the script for the brand name - I dunno - just does't work well for me.

On the flip side, I'm sure they stand out, which was our objective as well.

ProWraps

dan, one thing for you to remember, if you do that as a partial, its assuming the client has a white van. they may right now, but all my clients are buying surplus DHL vans that are yellow and we are wrapping them.

with a different base coat other than white, a full wrap will be the only option. just a thought.

we do glass doctor wraps which are also very similar. its owned by the same company as mr. rooter. your wrap is litteraly a combination of the two. the last two we did for glass doctor were yellow DHL surplus vans that were full wraps and looked partially like your design.

Attachments

• glassdoctor.jpg
    glassdoctor.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 90
  • mrrooter.jpg
    mrrooter.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 75

phototec

looks like the mr rooter design.

I agree, very similar to the Mr. Rooter wrap, as they say, there is nothing new under the sun!

However it is a good clean design, colors look good.

Attachments

• mrrooter1.jpg
    mrrooter1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Mr Rooter_Logo_with_Sunburst_Background_1__normal_2338_581270.jpg
    Mr Rooter_Logo_with_Sunburst_Background_1__normal_2338_581270.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 53

Dan Antonelli

I think Glass Doctor is nothing at all like my design. I think it has some basic layout problems. The watermarking of their brand icon is really odd. This could have been much more effective if the type was stacked, and icon not watermarked. Optically, there's a hole back left. Now stack the logo, and remove the watermark and make opaque and smaller, and it's much more visually balanced, and effective.

signgal

I agree... isn't there some law about not placing text or logos over character faces? Well there should be if not...