• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated Vinyl Profile/Environment?

GoodPeopleFlags

I need to print on perforated vinyl, the Solvex 10950 from Fellers. We just got an Epson GS6000 about 3 months ago and I haven't printed on this type of vinyl before. There is no preset environment for perf. Any suggestion on the profile/environment I should use? I did a search here and read where 8 pass is probably the way to go. I'm a little concerned about the thickness of the perf; maybe I should raise the print head? Any tips and or suggestions? Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Try using your standard vinyl settings and see how it looks. You shouldnt have to raise your heads for perf. Let us know how it turned out

GoodPeopleFlags

Here's what I found out, in case anyone was wondering. Since the perf is going on a window of a truck and the door will be wrapped, I need to use the same profile as I use with the regular vinyl, except go up to 1440x720, VS, 8-Pass.

What's the general consensus when it comes to laminating perf?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well there you go glad you got it figured out. If you laminate make sure its optically clear and also use 3M edgeseal on the edges to make sure you get no edge lift. I say you should laminate if its on a car because water can fill in the holes making it very hard to look out of. Your profit when laminating should be very good so I always tell clients to laminate.