• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phase VI of the Plasti-Plane project!

SignManiac

Well it's our weekly Wednesday afternoon of fun and play building our environmentally recycled plane from Coroplast!

We made great progress today. Nose section, 3 axis control stick and under carriage wheel assembly are together. Getting that much closer to covering the wings and fuselage structure. We have a line on a 35 lb. engine that will work as the power plant. We will do our initial test flights before bolting on the engine.

This has turned into a fun project and diversion from the day to day grind. Cross you fingers this thing will fly! Either way, if my business partner Marcus should die, it will still generate great publicity :)

Attachments

• CIMG2769.JPG
    CIMG2769.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 77
  • CIMG2781.JPG
    CIMG2781.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 75
  • CIMG2783.JPG
    CIMG2783.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 86
  • CIMG2784.JPG
    CIMG2784.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 71
  • CIMG2787.JPG
    CIMG2787.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 66
  • CIMG2788.JPG
    CIMG2788.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 80
  • CIMG2794.JPG
    CIMG2794.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 57
  • CIMG2796.JPG
    CIMG2796.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 67

ChiknNutz

If in fact you get to land that thing, gonna be a bitch to not tip it over side-to-side...landing gear doesn't look nearly wide enough proportionatly. Still, looks like a serious kick in the pants.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Normally I would think beer and airframe design/assembly would not go together very well
but it seems to fit for this project.

"To infinity and Beyond!"

Keep on posting updates

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

Sounds like fun ProWraps...Keep us posted on your venture. I'm thinking about building a line of plasti-caskets! Let me know if you want one at a discount :)

Pat Whatley

It is remote controlled. Didn't you see the part about Marcus the business partner taking it up?

I can just hear and FAA official now..."You made a bi-plane? With no real plans? Out of scrap corrugated plastic? And there was HOW much beer involved?

SignManiac

Hey we have a distinct advantage over the Wright brothers. Lighter and stronger materials, better machining, duct tape and better beer. No way this will fail!