• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop to Corel x4

ocean502

Hi all
I have a design of a wanted poster for a shirt order. I have Machine Wash that is an add on for Photoshop. I want a worn look, when I apply the filter, and then import to corel the design is very pixilated. I know it converts to a bitmap, but how do I get the image to not be so pixilated? I saved in every file, and even flattened image.. I don't deal too much with Photoshop, any help would be great..
I appologize if this has been touched on already, I couldn't find it when I searched..:thankyou:

ucmj22

when I distress something in photoshop, I use brushes. if there is a background that I want to show through I use them as erasers, otherwise I pick a color from within the design and use the brush to paint over top. there are some good grunge brushes here and you can also search for cracks wich should work for what you are doing as well. I attached a sample of a sign I distressed using this technique

Attachments

• building sign small1.jpg
    building sign small1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 126

ocean502

Another problem, if I distress it in photoshop, I will be losing the spot color..Converts to process! Maybe I will just leave it not distressed! Theres gotta be some kind of layer I can just put over the design and trim it! Any Corel users have any ideas?

J Hill Designs

might be able to make a transparent .tiff that you can import into corel that just has the 'distress' and overlay in corel?

just a thought.

edit: but then you would have a transparency over spot issue that is usually only solved by flattening - therefore losing spot data anyway...

Impact Image

Are you importing into corel to make a screen?

Photoshop is a raster program, Corel is vector. They talk to each other but it's in broken english. Have you tried the AUTOTRACE in Corel yet? It's rough but might help your distressed look even more.

Import your PS image (saved as a 300dpi jpeg) then go to BITMAPS>OUTLINE TRACE>HIGHQUALITY IMAGE. Adjust the sliders til your happy. If there's text I'd leave it off of the background and find an eroded font like "28 Days Later".

Hope any of this helps.