• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Picture copyright

quicksigns

I have a customer come in with a business card they want to duplicate into a large print on the side of their van. On the card it has a picture of a Trane a/c unit. I found the exact picture, but is okay to use a Trane a/c unit for that purpose or must I go through them first? The customer does service and install Trane unit.

Sign_Boy

Are the can authorized Trane dealer?
If so they should be able to use the image.
But to be sure ask them if they can get the image for you from Trane. Most companies like that have a section on their site for authorized dealers to down load what they need.

Just my 1/2 Cent

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are they an authorized dealer, installer and service company trained by Trane ??

If they are, they'll have a better chance of getting the correct files for you. Don't go looking for artwork on the internet for your customers. If they can't provide you with authorized artwork, chances are they can't get it at all. You'll be the one to get in trouble if you don't have signed artwork for this kind of reproduction.

Pat Whatley

Tell them to talk to their supplier first. Trane (and just about every other ac and hot water heater supplier) has a co-op program (or used to anyway). Trane will provide the decals for you to apply or they'll supply the high-res artwork, you can print and apply, and Trane will send them a check.

trik

If they are an authorized dealer, have your client ask for it, and have them ask Trane if they co-op part of the cost. I know Lennox and Bryant do for a couple of my customers. As does some other companies, like Direct TV, Hunter Douglas, Stainmaster, just to name a few. It will depend on volume of sales, but these days anything may help, and who knows maybe your client will spend some of the saving with you????

Good luck!