• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch Roller Lever locked

midnightmadman

I put all the covers on, but the lever that raises the pinch roller will not unlock- "go up" without having the side cover off and pulling out that spring loaded pin?
Is there a sensor that controls that pin or is something else wrong?
Thanks!

Jackpine

Open the cover, push the print head to the right and than raise the lever at the same time. This is a very common problem that "develops" with Mutohs. Just one of those things I was told a while back.

midnightmadman

Open the cover, push the print head to the right and than raise the lever at the same time. This is a very common problem that "develops" with Mutohs. Just one of those things I was told a while back.

Oh I see. So when the print head sets into the capping station it is supposed to physicaly push that spring loaded lever out...
That doesnt seem like its going to work to well ever

MacDaddy

usually means the Head is not capping exactly right.......... That is, given the lever mechanism is operating properly... The way around it is to slightly "bend out" the piece of metal where it locks... It is very common on this machine.

Jackpine

Ditto.
usually means the Head is not capping exactly right.......... That is, given the lever mechanism is operating properly... The way around it is to slightly "bend out" the piece of metal where it locks... It is very common on this machine.