• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

place to buy parts?

Melodie.pixel

Hi im in front of a problem with my Roland soljet SC-500 and need to change my main board does someone know What to ask when ordering to have a good one... is it worth changing it since it's a quite old machine? thanks

Melodie

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If you need service on your board, I know this service guy out there in China. They do a good job repair your board and put your old board as collateral, willl give you one. ballgame is right. Repairing one board is roughly $1,800. To buy a new board is about $3,000.

Chad

I'm not sure how proprietery the board is but I would take the board to a electronics repair store, one that repairs tv's, stereos. Usually they have someone that can track down the faulty component and replace it, as long as it isn't a Roland chip or something. I have done that with both a Summa power supply and a Laminator circut board. Saved me $600 on the summa and $1200 on the laminator instead of buying their replacement parts.

Chad

Jack Knight1979

I had my father-in-law replace a transformer on my 745ex head board. The board was 1800.00 The transformer was 36.00. That was a good day.

Find a electrical engineer and bring a six pack.