• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plastic edge cap

Typically, on some of our 3mm (1/8") ACM panel signs, we use a PVC edge cap/molding and seal the corners with silicone. This gives a more finished look and helps to seal the edges on panels that have a solid print or vinyl applied all the way to the outer edge. Now we have a customer who would like a 6mm (1/4") ACM panel sign and I would like to use a similar edge cap. However, Grimco doesn't have it, and surprisingly, I can't seem to find anything through Outwater Plastics, aside from styrene, which I would guess is not good for outdoors. Does anyone here know where I can find a 1/4" edge cap that's sure to fit the 6mm ACM nicely?

Here is a pic of the 1/8" stuff we use. I'd like something similar.

attachment.php

Attachments

• edge cap.jpg
    edge cap.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 157

CreatedDesigns

I get mine from NGlantz but I have also gotten it from Midwest but they really gouge you for shipping. Where NGlantz does not.

shoresigns

That's an interesting method. I've never seen edge caps on ACM before - not on our signs and not on anyone else's. Are they really necessary for durability?

Bare edges on ACM look quite nice, even up close. I see ACM with unfinished edges used in art gallery prints all the time here.