• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help me

knucklehead

Would someone please tell me how to get the stars and stripes into the outline of Patriot. I have tried welding, intersecting,trimming, cussing, drinking. I can make it white, I can make it black, but I can't get it stars and stripey. I'm using Corel 12, can I even do something like this in Corel? Thank-you very much Mike
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

knucklehead

I'll give the powerclip a couple more shots, that is what I saw in the book, but couldn't get it to do what I wanted either. I'll try some more stuff. Thanks

flisk

you have to powerclip the image into the object then edit the image once it's inside the object to move it around, the go back to the powerclip to close it.

Essentially go to:

Effects > Powerclip > Place inside container.

Once that is done go to:

Effects > Powerclip > Edit Contents

Now you can feely move your image around inside your object. Once done go to:

Effects > Powerclip > Finish Editing This Level

Done.

knucklehead

I got it. Thanks guys for the help, I was doing several things wrong, first was, I was trying to make an outline, and then powercliping the flag into it, won't work, one has to powerclip first and then make the outline. Secondly, I was picking my objects to be clipped backwards, then I was getting this little error box telling me I'm a dumbass, but when you select them in the right order, works like the sh$t. Thanks again, and I'll post up a picture of this little project when completed. Mike

signmeup

I always wondered how that was done in Corel. I used a different program to do that. Thanks for posting so I could learn something.

niksagkram

Quick tip on Powerclips that saves a little time. If you want to edit the contents of a powerclip object, just hold down the Ctrl key and click on the object. You are now "inside" the powerclip. When you are done just click "finish editing object" button at the bottom of the page. Done!

Mark :beer: