• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help!!!: Replacing pinch roller wheels On Graphtec Cutter

dejoh

I'm replacing the pinch roller wheels to a Graphtec Cutting Pro FC4100-75 and I'm having trouble taking the metal bar off the wheel itself. So far, I've successfully detached the C-clamps and noticed the wheel can still spin freely and the bar can also rotate to prove the bar isn't stuck on the black plastic holster. When I placed tweezers inside of the new wheel, I noticed the wheel has a metal free spinning inner tube. Somehow the bar is wedged (metal on metal) to this inner tube making sideways removal impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? It will be greatly appreciated!

dejoh

For anybody with this problem: The shaft was fused to the wheel. With an appropriate amount of 10W-30 and alot of patience I loosened the shaft with a bit of tapping from one side. Replaced the wheel and the C clamps and am back in business. There is really only one way to do this.
If this happens to you, please feel free to contact me and I will help.
Thanks