• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help

DRPSignsNGrafix

ok here is an update for you all. The little yellow outline is a virus. It actually grabbs your IP adress from modem. Sends out all kinds of spam. Road Runner actually shut my modem off due to it. So i'm spending the time now reformatting my hard drive and installing new Windows XP on it. AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Spybot, adaware, non of them found anything.

Sign_Boy

ok here is an update for you all. The little yellow outline is a virus. It actually grabbs your IP adress from modem. Sends out all kinds of spam. Road Runner actually shut my modem off due to it. So i'm spending the time now reformatting my hard drive and installing new Windows XP on it. AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Spybot, adaware, non of them found anything.

Please tell me you didn't have AVG - Norton - Mcafee on your system at the same time.

If you did they will conflict with one another.

I'm sorry to hear about your system Best of luck with that

DRPSignsNGrafix

Sign boy, no didn't have them all on there at the same time. I had one on at a time. When it didn't find anything i loaded and ran another.

Yes my wireless is protected. Not to mention with where i live there all not smart enought to figure out how to get on my net work locally and do stuff. THis was reported as a spam virus. According to Time Warner.

It had nothing to do with color. THe outline was the virus. You actually got a flash of of death screen (yellow) rather then blue then windows loads fine, and u just end up with a little outline around icon's on desktop. hardly noticeable.

well i'm reloading windows, and then just have to load all the drivers. It sucks when you don't have the disk. So i had to DL them all from DELL now just to load them.

signage

DRP you should look inot getting Acronis imaging software and run an image as soon as you get the software and after you install any programs. This will make re-installing much easier! JM.02

DRPSignsNGrafix

ok well i'm back on my laptop now. All seams to be good. YEAAAA. The only bad part is i lost all my favorites and everything else. What the hell. LOL.

signage

Mike if you look into Acronis it saves all these in the image also all the setting you do in the programs is also saved! If you have these favorites on your laptop you can copy them over to your desk top machine! They are located in the documents and setting under the users name in the folder favorites! Hope this helps.

S

Sign-Man Signs

About a month ago, the computer I'm working on now started doing about the same thing. Finally had to formate the hard drive to get rid of it. A friend of mine told be about a program called Stopzilla. I read the reviews on Cnet and started using along with the Monzilla browser. This Stopzilla is awsome! Catches stuff I never even thought about. Apparently, the newest Trojans and Click adwares are in the assoicated binary codes within banner adds. I used to run Spybot and Adware software but have dumped it since installing Stopzilla. The Monzilla browser is lightening speed compared to IE. My two cents.