• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter cutting random notches

HulkSmash

So i'm having this issue every time i cut. It looks like it cuts random notches into my letters and when it does that, it adds it to the mirror side of it. so weird. any help would be great!

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 118

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Your corners look odd too, not sharp. Maybe your tool holder is wobbly? Maybe this is where the plotter started/ended and it is not meeting up?

HulkSmash

Your corners look odd too, not sharp. Maybe your tool holder is wobbly? Maybe this is where the plotter started/ended and it is not meeting up?

You're right. The tops arent smooth either. It's frustrating. We've been trying to troubleshoot it for weeks. no idea why it's doing this.

thewvsignguy

Looks like a off set issue judging by the corners and the connecting points. Either on the cutter menu or in your software. What program are you using to cut your vinyl with?

signmeup

My guesses: Wrong blade, bunged up holder or off set's wrong.

Could also be off gassing, static electricity, demonic possession or poltergeists.

What have you tried?

John Butto

I do not know what kind of plotter or software, but what everyone is saying about the offset and also check to make sure your blade is "spinning" in the holder.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Lower your offset and make sure you know where that info is being sent from. From the software or the plotter settings.

GRAPHTEC

First thatn anything check that you have the correct blade selected in your cut conditions, if your using the blue nob blade holder then make sure you see 09U on the display as part of your cutting conditions. once you make sure of this double check the combination of blade length and cutting force, only extend the blade the thickness of the material layer only, then perform test cuts increasing the cut pressure until you able to weed out the test cut.
If you still have the problem then it may be your blade holder- the blade is no longer swiveling w/ in it. to isolate the plotter from the tool take your Graphtec pen, a paper, change the plotter to PEN mode force of 12 send the same job over, if the plot comes out the same then call tech support, if not then replace your blade holder.