• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter jumping around when plotting

meltsner

I have a question about our Odyssey plotter. It has done this various times now, and I would just LOVE to know how to fix it. Using our last job as an example: We designed a truck's decals, both sides (the logo, ph. numbers, DOT numbers, etc.). This part may help -- after I created everything for one side of the truck, cut lines and all, I GROUPED each line individually, and then simply DUPLICATED (Ctrl + 9) them onto the same page (for the other side). I then sent them to our Maxx 2 printer. Okay okay I know we're probably one of the few folks to still use one of these, but it runs excellent! Then sent it to the plotter, and when it plotted, it jumped from one letter to another, completely randomly. Even inner parts of the letter (like inside of an O) got done separately, then it would jump way down the line. Also, because I duplicated everything, it does one shape on the original line, then jumps to the same shape in the duplicated line.

So my question finally is, what can I do to remedy it? Is it because I'm duplicating the lines? I believe copying/pasting and Tools -- Repeats do the same thing. Should I combine shapes, or group differently? I thought grouping before I duplicated would fix it, but it didn't. I know there's the option in GSPlot to Sequence Plot, but I don't think going left to right will make it any faster.

It really wastes time and creates more wear & tear on the plotter. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In GSPPlot, Layout menu ... click on Sequence Plot. This will cause your cut to look for complete shapes starting at the origin and cut them in order. It solves the problem quite well.

The keyboard shortcut is Shift + F4.

meltsner

I never tried sequence plot, I just thought it would waste more time because it goes left to right, according to the help files.

Guess I'll give it a try and see how it does. Thanks for the suggestions!
~meltsner~