• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plz help with designjet 5500ps uv 60 inch

capista

hello everyone

i am from algeria i have printshop and i use designjet 5500ps uv ink i had problem since 4 weeks ago i got reseat message on cyan and light cyan printhead error message is 5508/ 5506 i tried to reseat them but nothing change i cleaned the contact also no change i bought new cyan and light cyan printhead the machine accepted one printhead the cyan printhead and keep telling me to reseat the light cyan printhead

so plz guyz help me with this coz where i live is very hard for me to get ink and printhead and part for this machine easly plz help me i am hopeless here

second thing i sespect is when open the door of the plotter i saw that the trailing cable is not normal

this is a pic of the trailing cable thank you hope someone will help me with this

Attachments

• 11h7vw0.jpg
    11h7vw0.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:

vladio

hello everyone

i am from algeria i have printshop and i use designjet 5500ps uv ink i had problem since 4 weeks ago i got reseat message on cyan and light cyan printhead error message is 5508/ 5506 i tried to reseat them but nothing change i cleaned the contact also no change i bought new cyan and light cyan printhead the machine accepted one printhead the cyan printhead and keep telling me to reseat the light cyan printhead

so plz guyz help me with this coz where i live is very hard for me to get ink and printhead and part for this machine easly plz help me i am hopeless here

second thing i sespect is when open the door of the plotter i saw that the trailing cable is not normal

this is a pic of the trailing cable thank you hope someone will help me with this

I would replace that trailing cable first!

I had a similar issue with the magenta printhead, I replaced it with a new one and that fixed the problem. The printhead I had problems with was from ebay and was about 3 year past the "production date". The new head I put in was new and was recognized as soon as it hit the printer.

capista

hello my friends i fixed the problem and it was a very simple solution i just cleaned the encoder strip that is it

thanks so much for the reply