• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Police SUV (out with the old, in with the new)

Joe Diaz

We are updating the local squad cars. Here's the new and old design.

Pontiac Police SUV 2012.jpg
Pontiac Police SUV 2012 CU.jpg
6_big.jpg

Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

I liked the old one which had a nice appeal but lacked intimidation, also way better then here which is embarrassing to look at.

Now the new one you have added intimidation and class plus it has appeal.

ThinkRight

You should be a graphic designer when you grow up !
/just kidding
Looks great !
Is it going to be reflective vinyl ?

qmr55

Looks good Joe, surely an improvement from the old design while still keeping the same image that I'm sure is well known throughout the town and holds a meaning to the town. Excellent work!

SignosaurusRex

Really nice improvement! Very clean and looks more intimidating. I'm so tired of seeing overkill use of gradients and full length stripes/swoosh's.

vid

Sharp layout and design. I love how you taken the same elements of the existing layout and updated it with the quintessential Diaz charm. Very nice...

Nice, I'd be proud to take a ride downtown in that one.

:ROFLMAO: I was thinking it would boost moral for the officers. But yeah, I could see the local citizenry wanting to go for a backseat ride now, too.​

PatrickC

Just curious. The font type of old and new are totally different. Don't they have a specific font type that you have to follow?

Joe Diaz

Just curious. The font type of old and new are totally different. Don't they have a specific font type that you have to follow?

No. We also typically try to avoid letting the client pick out type faces.

We did the original cars more than 12 years ago. (back then, they wanted to incorporate the spear graphics on the local hs football helmets, to show a sense of community) But recently they wanted something new and more up to-date. That involved us going with a different type style. In this case they just wanted parts of it to be reminiscent of the old design, so we used similar colors and similar themes, but the rest of it was reworked

ForgeInc

Hmmm....although the design is very strong on it's own, not sure how effective it is for a police rig in my humble opinion. The orange really throws it off for me. The only thing that makes it look like law enforcement to me is the fact it says "police". I wonder if a non-english speaker would even know this car is law enforcement, especially without any lights on top? You may have been directed to use orange, not sure...but maybe gold or silver would be worth looking at.

Also, I wonder if you might be able to have the door break in a better spot than the middle of the "L" and right next to the "F"? I always hate having letters cut by a seam.

Don't get me wrong, great work! But might be just a little too "flashy"? I would lose the black/dark blue color that fills up the bottom half of the letters for sure, doesn't add anything. In some cases, less is more. Again, just my humble $.02!

10sacer

Most Supervisor vehicles in law enforcement do not have roof lights, but internal cabin strobes and head and taillamp strobes. They do not respond to first incidents so there is no need for traffic visibility. There are
overhead lights in the 3rd picture - different vehicle, though.