• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polypropolene Banner

mbasch

Anyone have any experience on finishing Polypropolene Banners? I have a client insisting on use poly for their banners and it needs to be hemmed and grommeted. I tried talking them into vinyl and priced the poly at a premium, but they still want poly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated since we haven't done it before...or maybe a wholesale source for (300) 6'x3'?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While poly is waterproof and can withstand some outdoor conditions, it's not an outdoor banner material. It will tear, stretch and become useless, with the least bit wind. It is not at all recommended for outdoor use. It's more for interior banners.

mbasch

While poly is waterproof and can withstand some outdoor conditions, it's not an outdoor banner material. It will tear, stretch and become useless, with the least bit wind. It is not at all recommended for outdoor use. It's more for interior banners.
That is exactly what I told them but they won't budge. I thought being $0.75 more per square ft would dissuade them but it didn't.

Jason Thomas

I print on polybanner on our Epson SureColors VERY frequently. Gino speaks the truth. It's best for indoor, though can work outdoors for a short time. I've only ever tape-pocketed it. I could print and sheet cut 3x6s all day, but for a vendor that provides finishing as well, check out power-graphics.com

mbasch

I print on polybanner on our Epson SureColors VERY frequently. Gino speaks the truth. It's best for indoor, though can work outdoors for a short time. I've only ever tape-pocketed it. I could print and sheet cut 3x6s all day, but for a vendor that provides finishing as well, check out power-graphics.com
Thank you.