• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Portable Hand wash station

KH t's n Signs

Hi Everyone,

I got a request to apply some decals to a portable hand wash station that popped up everywhere after Covid. What material do you guys use to wrap them? It is the plastic, not the aluminum style. I am thinking standard cast either 180 or 1105 but wanted to see what everyone else uses.

Thanks

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You'll probably need a low energy vinyl to get it to stick on the plastic ones, most vinyl brands have them. If you're wrapping and going with 3M the IJ180MC-10LSE is their high tack low energy. I stock this just for use on formed plastic.
IJ39 works good if you're just putting decals on them where calendared vinyl will do and you don't need a block-out, the more budget route, good for stations placed indoors with flatter surfaces.

BigNate

The Substance vinyl works great on low-surface-energy plastics. I believe motorsports like snowmobiles is their main customer base, but the product is great, it sticks to the anti-graffiti paint they use in our schools.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Do a vinyl test first. I learned about low energy plastic after getting an order to put cut vinyl decals on a bunch of Yeti coolers and nothing stuck.
Must have been an evil disgruntled graphics guy who developed the plastic formula for some of these coolers. Even with low energy vinyl, flame treating them first, no matter what you do, there always seems to be random ones that just.. won't.. stick! F$#@*'n coolers :mad:

KH t's n Signs

Thanks. I am going to test some vinyls on it to see what works best. They stick it outside but only for the week long fair so it needs to be durable but not excessive.