• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Portfolio piece

SebastienL

Gatineau is hosting the 45th edition of "Les Jeux du Quebec"; A provincial level competition for kids under 18. The event consist of 20 competiton held over 1 week. Kind of a mini olympic games.

We did a truck load of banners in the last 6 month for the sponsors of this event.

But last week, we get a call from the organizer saying they need something done for the flame. They had a concept, which would have cost something like $25000 to build. They didn't have the budget and they pretty much ran out of time. So I was ask to design something quick and not to expensive...

So I came up with this. Now when i drew this up, I didn't even know what the stage was going to look like. I had a sketch and a verbal description.

In the end, they where extatic with the final product. And I am happy how it turned out. I think it looks good.

Attachments

• Spec-Habillage Flamme.jpg
    Spec-Habillage Flamme.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20100729-231210-g.jpg
    20100729-231210-g.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 108
  • _resize_picture_portal.php.jpeg
    _resize_picture_portal.php.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 03c8e1138.jpg
    03c8e1138.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 75

tanneji

Great job man ... thats a rare opportunity to get a few good shots of your work in use at such a major event. Congrats!

SebastienL

Great job man ... thats a rare opportunity to get a few good shots of your work in use at such a major event. Congrats!

Actually, I don't have a picture of the darn thing. I got those pics from the local news this morning!!! I'm hoping they'll post better pics on the Games official website...