• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post script issues with colour laser printer

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Lexmark C710- colour laser printer...

When installed, it loads three drivers- the standard PCL one, a PS2 driver, and a PS3 driver.

If I go into Photoshop of any other program and use either of the post script drivers, and in output settings, select a line frequency, angle & dot shape, then go to print- it prints as though we have just a PCL print- smooth & no dots at all.

I've tried altering settings all over the place & in neither the PS2 or PS3 drivers, can I get to control the dots. I can do it manually in P'shop, via the bitmap conversion, but I want to do it via the printer's post script driver.

Does anyone have any ideas on what setting may be overriding my settings?

We have a black & white Lexmark optra s1855 and I have no problem with the PS settings on that being output as requested- just the colour printer, even when set for just black & white on a B&W print.