• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post your studio layout

mesheau

Our company is currently expanding and as the leader of our studio the boss has asked what I want in the new building plans. We're currently in construction with a 30x60 fab shop. But this studio will be separate. Couple offices up front with a bathroom and large studio in rear including a mechanical room and storage room.

Can you guys post of some shop layouts that you might have that seem to work properly and efficient? Right now all I can thing of is a very long room for prints/lams to feed out onto our layout tables. Perhaps some of you work with a layout you feel to be most efficient.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What all is going to go into this studio room ??
What kinda stuff do you guys do ??
What's the overall size of everything ??
Will this have any windows to the outside ??
Will it be climate controlled ??
How many are presumed going to be working in the on a regular basis ??

CheapVehicleWrap

An enclosed hotub is nice. You can vent to add humidity and the employees really appreciate it. Can be i stalled in small quarters too. Can also be used to aid in removing vinyl from smaller items.

tsgstl

Here is a quick walk through video of my shop that I took a couple days after I moved in. I have been in the business since 94' I think, and I have had 5 dif shops. This is by far my most proficient setup. We are a small shop and plan to stay that way. I have approx 2000sq.ft. but over 5000 more behind the wall to expand if needed. I am a typical road side sign shop buried in a industrial park. Each shop is going to be completely different to the next depending on your market. Some might need conference type rooms or more fab area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djvCpSQw5Fc

SignManiac

This is my current layout but we will be moving in the next few months to something larger. Don't matter what mine is like, yours will end up different more than likely.

This building is 40' x 150' with 40'x40' air conditioned for printers and offices. Two 12'w. x 14' overhead doors. Paint booth is 12'x26' with attached paint storage room.

Attachments

• SHOP LAYOUT.jpg
    SHOP LAYOUT.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 94