• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Postershop not letting me rotate files

WB

It's annoying to say the least. I keep getting a window that says " the image is in a read-only file location, A new output location must be selected"

It seems to be completely random when the problem happens.

anyone one any suggestions?

Hotspur

Not a problem - its the storage medium where the file is located

Your file location is in a place where Onyx cannot write a settings file due to the nature of the storage medium.

When you open a file in Job Editor a new file is created that stores any of the changes you made to the file.

But if Onyx is not allowed to write this file in the same location as the original file due to it being on a CD for example, rather than a hard drive or USB stick, then you get this message asking for an alternative location.

WB

But that's my problem all my job files are stored on a sever. Every job is opened the same way, even if the files come in on usb/cd/dvd or email they get copied into a "Supplied images" folder and every job get's it's own folder. that's why I can't figure out why I can rotate some but not others.

in my last version of ONYX all the .onx files got saved into a single directory all together.

CES020

Can you check the permissions on your folders, or folders that contain a file that's giving you an issue? Sounds like one of the folders has the wrong permissions. We store things on a network drive too and not long ago I had issues where any folder created on one computer would cause permission problems. Nothing had changed, I'm the only one that used that computer, but somehow it started hosing up permissions when creating a folder from that machine.

Check those permissions and make sure they aren't varying.