• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Powersports Chrome

Braedon

Looking for some info, or to discuss?
Been doing some research but keep hitting a brick wall here. Lots of companies are doing the Chrome and Holographic Chrome powersports wraps. See it all over Instagram and online like these guys https://linkmx.fr/content/20-nos-gammes-vinyles .
So I make the wraps already, but havent figured out the whole chrome process. I have gotten samples from "competitors" and it looks like a layered product. Bottom is the adhesive material which I know, then the chrome (sometimes its printed on a thin clear next), then finished with the thick protective laminate. What I want to know is what is the chrome product? Seems like every distributer doesnt carry anything, or its only in 15in material. Id like a 54in width material, as then its easier with the laminator in a perfect world. I really like the Rainbow/Holographic chrome, Rose Chromes, and Regular Mylar chrome. If any one has any info or wants to discuss, let me know!

rjssigns

Braedon

Quick Google search:

I'd like to try their gloss carbon films.
Ya I have checked out VViViD before and been in talks with them. However their supply is always sold out, and not a consistent product line at all. Looks like some interesting stuff, Ive used there solid wrap products before but didnt like the quality.

rjssigns

Ya I have checked out VViViD before and been in talks with them. However their supply is always sold out, and not a consistent product line at all. Looks like some interesting stuff, Ive used there solid wrap products before but didnt like the quality.
Thanks for the information. I'll probably still try their gloss carbon. Might be good for accent pieces for the interior of vehicles.

Aleck283

We recently tried the vvivid Chrome. We have the chrome, gold chrome, and red chrome. All 3 suck to work with. They came rolled up in a 2 inch core, and we haven't had any luck trying to get it to lay flat. The adhesive on the gold and red is decent, but the chrome wouldn't even stick to itself... I'd stay away from it.